Do you need a tooth removed? Are you looking for a kind and gentle dentist to remove your sore tooth? For the best tooth extractions in West Ryde Call Now on 98742154 or book immediately online. Onsite parking is available; we are conveniently located at 913 Victoria Rd West Ryde 2114, for direction, click here, for anything else, contact us.
Tooth Extraction is the process where we gently and expertly remove your tooth. We ensure it is a comfortable and calm process. Meet our team and see the friendly faces who will care for you through the tooth extraction procedure.
At Smiles of Ryde, we are extensively trained in tooth extraction. We understand that it can be a daunting process, your comfort is our main concern. Often we may recommend a tooth extraction after we have done a comprehensive examination.
What services do we provide?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery, all our dentists are highly trained in tooth Extraction. If we can not save a tooth with a dental filling or a root canal treatment, a tooth removal may be the best option. We provide single and multiple tooth removal. We can also provide immediate tooth replacement through dentures, implants or crowns, to ensure you don’t have to walk around with a happy smile. This can all be incorporated into our smile makeover.
What’s the process and steps?
At Smiles of Ryde, our main concern is your comfort and wishes. Before any procedure begins, we give you all the options, including each treatment’s pros and cons. Once you have selected the type of extraction the tooth extraction procedure begins.
- Step 1 – We make sure you are seated in a comfortable position as tooth extraction procedure can take from 15 minutes to 45 minutes
- Step 2 – We apply a numbing gel to the area we are going to treat to ensure that any injection will be as pain free as possible.
- Step 3 – We numb the site where the tooth is located to ensure a pain free and comfortable procedure.
- Step 4 – We check to make sure the whole area is pain free, applying more numbing agents if needed.
- Step 5 – We then remove the tooth using our most gentle technique. We ensure that we have removed all broken or infected parts of the tooth ensuring that the surrounding bone is clean and able to heal perfectly.
- Step 6 – If you have chosen to preserve the bone, we then place materials in the hole, which will ensure you do not lose any further bone. We place a stitch if needed and ensure that the area is no longer bleeding
- Step 7 – Depending on your tooth replacement options we then proceed to replace the tooth either via dentures, implants or crowns.
- Step 8 – Now that the procedure is complete we will take the time to discuss what to expect and go through your home care regime to ensure the next few days are as comfortable and pain free as possible.
What’s the cost?
The cost of a dental extraction varies greatly depending on how many teeth are to be removed and whether the teeth will require bone or gum removal for a surgical tooth extraction. New dentures also vary depending on how many teeth are needed. At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, we discuss all your options and the pro’s and con’s of each to ensure you have an affordable, cost-effective and long term solution.
What are the payment options?
We have HICAPS facilities that allow you to claim immediately from your health fund and take all major credit cards. We provide Afterpay as well as more extensive payment plan options to suit your needs. For more information on payment options contact us.
Why choose us
At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, all our dentists are highly trained in teeth removal. We use the very best scientifically-based techniques to ensure your tooth removal is comfortable. We have extensive training in tooth removal and use the very best quality equipment and materials for the most successful healing. We have been providing tooth extraction to West Ryde, Eastwood, Epping, and Meadowbank residents for many years with spectacular results.
Frequently Asked questions
How to prepare for a tooth extraction?
At Smiles of Ryde, we are always fully prepared for tooth removal, you do not need to prepare in any way other than to ask us any questions you like.
What are the risks involved with tooth extractions?
At Smiles of Ryde, we are expertly trained in tooth removal and ensure that all risks are minimised. We recommend using painkillers to alleviate discomfort and we provide you with gauze in case you have any bleeding.
What is the recovery period for tooth extractions?
After teeth removal, we recommend taking painkillers for 3-5 days. This ensures a very comfortable recovery period. We then see you after 7 days to ensure the area is healing well.
How many teeth can be extracted in a single procedure?
At Smiles of Ryde, we are expertly trained in tooth extraction and can remove from 1 to 28 teeth in a single procedure. If you have extra teeth, we can remove them too.
What to expect after tooth extractions?
After teeth removal, we recommend taking painkillers for 3-5 days. This ensures a very comfortable recovery period. Occasionally patients might experience a little swelling or bruising. We always see you after 7 days to ensure the area is healing well.
What should I avoid after tooth extractions?
After tooth removal, it is best to avoid cigarettes, alcohol and exercise. Allow your body to rest and heal. We prescribe Netflix and a good snooze.