Do you have dirty teeth? Are your teeth discolored and yellow? Do you have tartar building up? For the best dental cleaning in West Ryde, Meadowbank, Eastwood, Epping and all of Ryde, Call Now on 98742154 or book immediately online. Onsite parking is available; we are conveniently located at 913 Victoria Rd West Ryde 2114, for direction, click here, for anything else, contact us.
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery we provide professional dental cleaning in West Ryde. We use specialised cleaning equipment to remove all plaque tartar and stains from the surface of your teeth.
We also check your gums extensively measuring your bone height and checking for any periodontal or gum disease.
We take the time to discuss your treatment options, the pro’s and con’s of each and how best to help you care for your teeth.
What’s the process and steps?
At Smiles of Ryde our main concern is your comfort and wishes. Before any procedure begins, we give you all the options, including each treatment’s pros and cons. Once you have selected the type of cleaning the process begins.
- Step 1 – We make sure you are seated in a comfortable position as dental teeth cleaning can take from 15 minutes to 45 minutes
- Step 2 – If it is your preference, we offer injections for cleaning. This is done by first applying a numbing gel to the area, this ensures that any injection will be as pain free as possible.
- Step 3 – We begin the cleaning process with a prophylaxis, this feels a bit like an electric toothbrush. We remove all the plaque so we can clearly see the remaining tartar.
- Step 4 – We then test the tartar remover to make sure it is at a comfortable setting, then lower or raise it according to your wishes. We remove all the tartar, taking special care around lower front teeth which can be particularly sensitive. We also use cotton rolls to protect your lips and cheeks..
- Step 5 – We then check all areas of the mouth using floss and special instruments to ensure ur clean is thorough. We may go over some areas with the prophylaxis and tartar remover again if needed.
- Step 6 – We then provide a Fluoride treatment to your teeth. We have many fun flavours, Strawberry is a favourite of our younger patients while many of our adults enjoy Tutti-Frutti. What’s your favourite ? The fluoride treatments help to reduce sensitivity and strengthen your teeth.
- Step 7 -We recommend that you do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after the appointment to ensure your fluoride treatment has the best results.
For patients who find cleans sensitive we offer complimentary sensodyne toothpaste treatment.
What’s the cost?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental surgery the teeth clean in west ryde ranges from in price depending on the depth of the clean needed. Your dentist will always discuss your treatment options with you.
What are the payment options
We have HICAPS facilities that allow you to claim immediately from your health fund and take all major credit cards. We provide Afterpay as well as more extensive payment plan options to suit your needs. For more information on payment options contact us.
Why choose us
At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, all our dentists are highly trained at cleaning teeth. We use the very best equipment and techniques to ensure your teeth get the optimum clean. We have extensive training in cosmetic teeth cleaning and use the very best quality products to give you the most winning smile. We have been cleaning the teeth of West Ryde, Eastwood, Epping and Meadowbank residents for many years with spectacular results. For the best clean teeth in West Ryde call us on 98742154 or or book immediately online.
Frequently Asked questions
How often should I get a dental cleaning?
At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, we recommend you have your teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months. For patients who are undergoing periodontal treatment we recommend every 3 months for optimum hygiene and healthy results.
Why should I get a dental cleaning?
At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, we take dental cleaning seriously. According to the CDC, almost 50% of people over the age of 30 have some form of pe
Are dental cleanings painful?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery we ensure your dental clean is a comfortable process. We are able to control the intensity of the clean. We have state of the art dental equipment, which unlike their predecessors, have a variable intensity for your clean; if it feels too strong, we just turn it down.
You are in complete control of everything, if at any point you feel uncomfortable, want a break or your jaw is just getting tired, all you need to do is raise your hand and everything stops.
What is involved in a dental cleaning?
A dental clean is a process where we remove the plaque tartar and stains from your teeth. This is done with specialised cleaning equipment. It is a 4 step process:
- Polish away plaque and stains
- Remove all tartar
- A Flouride treatment to strengthen your teeth and reduce sensitivity
What should I expect from professional teeth cleaning?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery a professional teeth cleaning will always be comfortable, at the intensity which suits you and will result in a spectacular smile. Your satisfaction and comfort is our main priority.
What are the benefits of dental cleaning?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery a dental cleaning will always result in clean teeth, healthy gums, decreased risk of cavities and bad breath, but there are some more benefits you might find surprising. Clean teeth and gums have been linked to a reduced incidence of heart attack and stroke, as well as decreased risk of diabetes and low birth weight in newborn babies.
What happens if I don’t get my teeth cleaned?
If you don’t get regular professional teeth cleaning you will unfortunately suffer from unhealthy gums and dirty teeth and bad breath. You will be at risk of cavities and bone loss as well as some major health risks including increased risk of heart attack and stroke, as well as increasing the risk of diabetes and low birth weight in newborn babies.
How much do teeth cleaning cost?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental surgery the teeth clean in west ryde ranges in price depending on the depth of the clean needed. Your dentist will always discuss your treatment options with you.
Does Teeth Cleaning Make Your Teeth Whiter?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental surgery teeth cleaning can absolutely make your teeth whiter. Before we start any teeth whitening treatment our first step is to remove all your surface stains plaque and tartar, this already gives a whiter result.
What Not To Do After Teeth Cleaning?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery we recommend you wait at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking to ensure your fluoride treatment gives you the best results. If you have chosen to have an anaesthetic for your clean, you may wish to wait until normal sensation has returned.
How Long Does a Dental Clean Take?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery a dental clean can take between 15 minutes to 45 minutes. This depends on the level of stain, plaque and tartar. If you have your regular 6 monthly recommended cleaning, the process will be very smooth and you can ensure you have a clean and healthy mouth.
Will my Health Fund Pay for a Dental Clean?
Most Australian Health funds will contribute towards two cleans a year, the amount they give back will vary depending on your level of cover. Some health funds will cover up to 4 cleans a year, if you have any questions please feel free to call on 98742154 or contact us.