Do you have sore teeth? Are your teeth broken or cracked? Do you have cavities? Do you need dental filling? For the best, most natural dental fillings in Meadowbank, Eastwood, Epping and all of Ryde, Call Now on 98742154 or book immediately online. Onsite parking is available; we are conveniently located at 913 Victoria Rd West Ryde 2114, for direction, click here, for anything else, contact us.
At Smiles of Ryde dental Surgery we are the experts at placing dental fillings in West Ryde. Dental fillings are the materials we use to fill holes in your teeth and repair broken tooth structure to their natural beauty.
We provide beautiful and natural white dental fillings. Dental fillings are the best way to restore your teeth to their natural shape and functionality.
What are the dental fillings process and steps?
At Smiles of Ryde our main concern is your comfort and wishes. Before any procedure begins, we give you all the options, including each treatment’s pros and cons. Once you have selected the type of filling the process begins.
- Step 1 – We make sure you are seated in a comfortable position as dental filling procedures can take from 15 minutes to 45 minutes
- Step 2 – We apply a numbing gel to the area we are going to numb to ensure that any injection will be as pain free as possible.
- Step 3 – We numb the site where the tooth is located to ensure a pain free and comfortable procedure.
- Step 4 – We remove the broken or infected part of the tooth ensuring that the remaining tooth structure is strong and clean of bacteria.
- Step 5 – We use the filling material you have chosen in a colour to match your tooth. This allows us to rebuild your tooth back to it’s natural beauty and function.
- Step 6 – We ensure that your new dental filling is comfortable within your bite and as smooth as a brand new tooth.
How much does our Dental Fillings cost?
The cost of Dental Fillings vary greatly depending on the size of the hole, the location of the tooth in your mouth and the material you have chosen. At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery we discuss all your options and the pro’s and con’s of each to ensure you have an affordable, cost-effective and long term solution.
What are the payment options?
We have HICAPS facilities that allow you to claim immediately from your health fund and take all major credit cards. We provide Afterpay as well as more extensive payment plan options to suit your needs. For more information on payment options contact us.
Why choose us?
At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, all our dentists are highly trained at creating the most natural and comfortable dental fillings. We use the very best scientifically based filling techniques to ensure your teeth get the optimum strongest and most life-like result. We have extensive training in cosmetic teeth fillings and use the very best quality products to give you the most winning smile. We have been filling the teeth of West Ryde, Eastwood, Epping, Meadowbank residents for many years with spectacular results.
Frequently Asked questions
Why Do I have Holes in my teeth?
Holes in teeth, also known as cavities are caused by 3 main things.
- Bacteria which can cause the tooth to rot
- An old filling which has broken down with age
- Excessive Brushing and Teeth grinding causing the tooth to fracture on the side
Why Do You Need A Filling?
A hole in a tooth left unfilled will get bigger and cost more to fix. The bigger the hole, the more likely you are to need Root Canal Therapy and a crown. If the hole gets too large we may be unable to save the tooth and so the only option will be to extract it.
What are the symptoms for fillings?
When you have a very small hole in your tooth, you will have no symptoms. We often find very small holes in X-ray’s and advise you to treat them with regular flossing and toothpaste. If we find these early enough we can prevent the need for a filling.
A hole left untreated will grow and it can begin to be sensitive to cold foods and sweets. The bigger it is the more uncomfortable it will become, until the tooth eventually rots and breaks apart.
The smaller the hole, the cheaper and faster it is to fix.
What are the different types of filling and materials?
There are 3 types of dental fillings:
- Glass-Ionomer Fillings – are used as a short term solution for children whose baby teeth will soon fall out. In adults, it is used in cases where patients have decay on almost every tooth. It is a short term temporary solution that can be placed quickly and cheaply. It is designed to be replaced once patients have started a daily brushing, flossing routine and the gums and mouth are in a healthy state. This material lacks strength and breaks down more readily in patients who grind their teeth and have an acidic diet. It is a poor long term filling in adults.
- Composite Fillings – are a great solution for small holes in your teeth. If you have mid-larger holes that cover more than one surface they are a good mid-term treatment option, it is a moderately stronger material and can be placed immediately in a single visit appointment. With good oral care and regular dental visits, this material can last for many years. You can eat immediately after having the filling placed and the appointment will take between 30minutes and an hour.
- Inlays/ Onlays – are the best long term solution for mid-larger holes which cover more than one of your tooth’s surfaces. Once the tooth is prepared a digital scan or mould of the tooth is taken. The digital scan is then used to design your filling and it is then made out of a very strong white tooth coloured material to seamlessly match the missing part of your tooth
Are Mercury Amalgams Fillings Still a Safe Choice?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery we no longer offer Mercury Amalgam Fillings. The white materials available today are far superior. White fillings allow us to cut much less of your tooth and the technology of today allows us to stick the white filling to your tooth with glue rather than relying on friction with a silver filling.
Amalgam fillings have been known to crack teeth after many years of use and there is also evidence that they can release mercury into the mouths of patients who grind.
White fillings, look and function much better.
What Should I Expect After A Filling?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental surgery we ensure that the filling experience is as comfortable as possible. This means that you will most likely be numb after the procedure. We always remind you to be careful as for some people the numbness can last around 3 hours.
Our fillings set immediately so there is no need to wait before you eat or drink.
Patient satisfaction is our main priority, we check your bite multiple times during your appointment to ensure everything feels wonderful. If it feels a little high once you get home, our patients are always welcome to return for a complimentary adjustment.
Does the treatment hurt?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental surgery we ensure that the filling experience is as comfortable as possible. This means we spend time making sure you are seated in a comfortable position and that the whole experience is as painless as possible.
We use numbing gel prior to your injection. It is very important to us that you have a positive experience. We provide as many breaks as needed and use cotton rolls to protect your lips and cheeks.
How Do I Take Care of My Dental Fillings and make them last?
There are 4 easy steps to ensure your dental fillings last as long as possible.
- Come and see your dentist at Smiles of Ryde every 6 months
- Brush twice a day with Fluoride toothpaste
- Floss every night
- Limit the lollies and sweets
If your dentist is concerned that you are more prone to holes and at risk of needing more fillings, we will recommend further more personalised care plans.