Gum Disease Treatment
Do you have loose teeth? Are your gums red and puffy? Are you starting to look long in the tooth ? For the best gum disease treatment in West Ryde Call Now on 98742154 or book immediately online. Onsite parking is available; we are conveniently located at 913 Victoria Rd West Ryde 2114, for direction, click here, for anything else, contact us.
Periodontal disease or gum disease is a process where your body reacts to the plaque and tartar on your teeth by absorbing your bone. As your bone disappears, your teeth become loose and fall out. At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery we teach you the best methods for keeping your teeth clean, as well as professionally cleaning your teeth to treat your gum disease. Meet our team and see the friendly faces who will care for you through your gum disease treatment.
At Smiles of Ryde, we are extensively trained in treating periodontal disease. We understand that it can be a daunting process, your comfort is our main concern. The earlier we diagnose gum disease, the greater chance of successfully keeping your teeth. We check for gum disease routinely with every comprehensive examination.
What services do we provide?
At Smiles of Ryde Dental Surgery, all our dentists are highly trained in the treatment of Periodontal disease treatment. Loose teeth are uncomfortable and make it difficult to eat, gums constantly bleed and you may suffer from bad breath. We provide periodontal and gum disease treatment in conjunction with tooth removal, and immediate tooth replacement through dentures, implants or crowns,. This can all be incorporated into our smile makeover and whitening.
What’s the process and steps?
At Smiles of Ryde, our main concern is your comfort and wishes. Before any procedure begins, we give you all the options, including each treatment’s pros and cons. Prior to gum disease treatment we will examine your teeth and ensure all necessary dental fillings are done.
- Step 1 – We make sure you are seated in a comfortable position as the gum disease procedure can take from 30 minutes to 60 minutes
- Step 2 – We discuss how your cleaning regime is progressing and if you are having any difficulty
- Step 3 – We then examine your mouth and take baseline readings at 6 points on every tooth, assessing bone level, bleeding or gingivitis, gum loss and infection level
- Step 4 – We then discuss our findings with you and all your treatment options including the po’s and con’s of each.
- Step 5 – Some treatment may involve removing hopeless teeth and immediate tooth replacement through dentures, implants or crowns,. This can all be incorporated into our smile makeover.
- Step 6 – The gum disease of the remaining teeth is treated with thorough cleaning both above and below the gum line. This procedure can be done numbed up if you prefer.
- Step 7 – Now that the procedure is complete we will take the time to discuss your home cleaning routine and recommend any changes or additions to better help you keep your teeth clean and healthy at home.
- Step 8 – We then make an appointment to see you again in 3 months for further cleaning and maintenance. Regular dental cleaning can ensure you keep your teeth for life.
What’s the cost?
The cost of gum disease treatment varies greatly depending on the severity of the disease, if you require tooth removal and replacement. At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, we discuss all your options and the pro’s and con’s of each to ensure you have an affordable, cost-effective and long term solution.
What are the payment options?
We have HICAPS facilities that allow you to claim immediately from your health fund and take all major credit cards. We provide Afterpay as well as more extensive payment plan options to suit your needs. For more information on payment options contact us.
Why choose us?
At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, all our dentists are highly trained in gum disease procedures. We use the very best scientifically-based techniques to ensure your treatment is successful and comfortable. We have extensive training in Gum Disease treatment and use the very best quality equipment and materials for the most successful healing. We have been providing Periodontal treatment to West Ryde, Eastwood, Epping, and Meadowbank residents for many years with spectacular results.
Frequently Asked questions
Can gum disease be cured?
Gum disease is a treatable condition that requires a dedicated home cleaning routine and regular visits to your dentist for specialised cleaning. With these key ingredients, gum disease can certainly be prevented from getting worse.
Can gum disease go away on its own?
Unfortunately, gum disease will not go away on its own. Like any disease, it requires treatment by a trained professional, like our friendly dentists at Smiles of Ryde.
How is gum disease diagnosed?
Gum disease is diagnosed through a thorough examination. This involves X-rays and meticulous readings taken from 6 points on every tooth, assessing bone level, bleeding, gum loss and infection level.
What are the stages of gum disease?
Gum disease begins with inflammation, gingivitis and some bleeding gums, progressing to bone loss and wobbly teeth before culminating in a complete loss of teeth from a patient’s mouth. Undiagnosed gum disease left too long will result in no teeth at all.
How much does it cost to treat gum disease?
The cost of gum disease treatment varies greatly depending on the severity of the disease if you require tooth removal and replacement. At Smiles of Ryde dental surgery, we discuss all your options and the pro’s and con’s of each to ensure you have an affordable, cost-effective and long term solution.
Can teeth be saved from gum disease?
Gum disease is a treatable condition that requires a dedicated home cleaning routine and regular visits to your dentist for specialised cleaning. With these key ingredients, gum disease can certainly be prevented from getting worse and save teeth.